Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rub-a-Dub-in a dirty tub? Don't think so!

So, I gave Kya her first "real" bath by herself in the tub tonight (Yes, I am one of those weird moms that showers with her baby nightly. Dr.'s orders for bonding when breastfeeding became impossible). I first rinsed and washed the tub as best I could, then put a towel down so her precious, perfect, soft baby bottom does not have to touch the bottom of the tub (those of you who have bathed a child over the age of 6 months are laughing hysterically, I'm sure). During her bath, my mind was 75% enjoying her squeals of excitement and 25% on "oh my gosh, there is a mystery hair on the side of the tub 4 inches away from my baby".
I purposely washed my bathing beauty in the guest bath, thinking it is used the least (by guests and the occasional surfer), but it still was not clean enough!
I scrubbed my bathroom down last week, the kind of scrub where a toothbrush is involved and upon finishing you're on a disinfectant high. Yet, one week later all I can see is "dirty" way too close to where I'm trying my hardest to get clean. So, I bathed with my eyes half closed (not recommended during shaving).
Granted, I live with a boy and that never helps the clean factor. However, all these years I thought my sister was the one with the OCD tendencies, not me (just ask my parents). Maybe that is part of the reason I bath Kya with me because I know she won't be touching ANY bathroom surface.
I seriously should seek help about this, right after I clean my bathroom again.

3 comments:

Cowan Clan said...

Uh, yeah I am not like that yet but maybe in time. I have totally had the weird hair experience. I hate wet hair. Oh, and I am laughing at you! :P Or perhaps, with you.

Kathy said...

OK, who took my daughter and left a pod person in her body????

BTW, you'll probably have to let me know when you blog (like you did tonight), because I tend not to think about that sort of thing unless I'm reminded. AND because I happen to enjoy reading MY precious baby's words about her and HER precious baby!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.