Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cat-Scratch Fever a.k.a. Stretch Marks



When I was pregnant, I was one of those really annoying women who boasted about how I didn't have stretch marks with a big irritating smile on my face. Well, the Lord continually humbles me and did so again after Kya was born.
You see, the stretch marks came AFTER the stomach was stretched to capacity, then released. Much like a rubber balloon; after you blow them up...it's just never quite the same.
I got stretch marks on my stomach....bad! It really looked as though the government had created a new torture technique; dropping a feral cat down one's shirt while spraying the feline with water. And I was the test dummmy in this experiment.
Yes, I put lotion on nearly every day of my pregnancy and afterwards, you mean women who insist on that being the reason you didn't get called into the torture chamber.
So, for my 30th birthday, I bought "Bio-Oil". I'd seen advertisements, so I thought "why not".
Holy Crap! This stuff freakin' worked! In less than a month, my stretch marks were hardly detectable. Well, don't go sniffing my belly button or anything to look, but they are a far cry than before! I am still using it and hoping that the rest will fade into a complete oblivion.
If you are a sufferer of stretch marks anywhere...try it. If not, I loath you! (ok, not really. I just hate that your genetics in this area are better than mine).
I don't need "battle scars" to prove Kya's mine. I do however, want to possibly wear a bikini again...someday.
p.s. The above picture is my best effort at being a spokes model. I am SO glad the good doctor gave me some reports, I seriously was having too much time on my hands!

2 comments:

leah said...

you are so cute. that picture really looks like it should be used to promote this magical "bio-oil"

I won't boast about not getting stretch marks because they're bound to hit me at the next pregnancy.

Cowan Clan said...

The picture is great, love it! If it makes you feel any better, my belly button piercing stretched so far I could probably put a pen through it.